Status of Computerization in the High Court
• Video Conferencing – During Covid 19, Court proceedings were being conducted through the Video Conferencing and for this purpose separate display systems have been installed in the Courts of Hon’ble High Court of Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur. Till October 2022, Total 102941 cases have been heard through Video Conferencing in the High Court of Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur.
After Covid pandemic Courts of Hon’ble High Court of Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur work on hybrid mode, enabling the Advocates and litigants to appear before Courts through virtual mode.
• Justice Clock – Physical Justice Clock has been installed in the High Court in the month of March 2019. Statistical information such as institution, disposal and pendency of Cases in the High Court and important information are being displayed on Justice Clock for awareness of Advocates and Litigant. Virtual Justice Clock is going to be inaugurated after which Virtual Justice Clock will be available in the website of Hon’ble High Court which will show figures of institution, disposal and pendency of Cases in the High Court.
• e-Filing – e-Filing facilities has been started in the High Court of Chhattisgarh to enable electronic filing of Cases and Documents from the year 2020. Using e-filing, cases (both civil and criminal) can be filed before the High Court. Introduction of e-Filing is aimed at promoting paperless filing and saving time and cost by adopting technological solutions to file cases before courts in India. Process for migrating to e-filling 3.0 from e-filling 1.0 has been done on 4/11/22 which will lead to enhancement of the service. E-Filing has
been made mandatory for the government departments at High Court of Chhattisgarh w.e.f from 01.01.22.
• e-Pay – e-Pay facilities was started in the High Court from the year 2016. E-Court Fee Counter has been established by the Stock Holdings Coorporation Pvt. Ltd. to electronically provide the facility of e-Court Fee and e-Stamp to the advocates. Facility is
available in District Courts also.
• e-Sewa Kendra – e-Sewa Kendra has been started in the High Court of Chhattisgarh from the month of May 2020. It enables litigants to obtain information with respect to case status and to obtain other information. These centres also extend assistance in e-filing of cases. These Kendra represent a significant step for the common man and his right to
access to justice.
• Accessible Website of the High Court – Website of the High Court has been updated according to accessibility parameters and necessary steps have been taken up in regard to make High Court website more accessible for Visually Challenged.
• E-Lok Adalat – The Chhattisgarh High Court and the State Legal Services Authority organized the country’s first ever E-Lok Adalat on 11-07-2020, amid the restricted judicial functioning owing to Covid-19 outbreak. About 195 benches were constituted at different places of the state, including via video conferencing and 5,067 cases were taken up for this state level e-Lok Adalat out of which 2,270 cases were settled in a single day through virtual mode. After that all the Lok Adalat in Hon’ble high Court and District Courts are organised in hybrid mode enabling the litigants to appear before bench through virtual mode.
• CIS(Case Information System) – HC CIS NC 1.0 has been installed and running successfully at High Court of Chhattisgarh.
• Inventory Software – For proper management of Computer Articles Inventory Software is being used in the High Court of Chhattisgarh.
• Scanning & Digitization – The work of scanning and digitization of disposed off records was started in the High Court from the year 2017 and more than 2.5 Crore pages of legacy files( Disposed cases ) have been scanned and digitized. For Digitization of
pending cases Planning and preparation has started. State Government has not provided the fund for the Digitization and scanning in District & Subordinate Courts. The same will be done in the district as soon as funds are received.13
• Designing & Development of document management system software for file tracking and compliance of orders – Yes, implemented to keeps track of movement of files from one section to another. Users can create a File, Modify/Delete File, Send File to different section, Close the File. Users can also Track the File status by using keywords such as File No., Receipt No., Name and Designation. Reports are available based on Date of creation and File sending date are available.
• Recruitment of regular technical manpower – Recruitment to the post of software related Technical Manpower at the High Court has been completed and appointment process to be started to fillup the remaining one post of Software Engineer and two posts of Hardware Engineer.
• Online Right to Information (RTI) – Orders passed by Public Information Officer and Order of First Appellate Authority are being uploaded in the Website of the High Court of Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur. Right to information rules and Orders of are also uploaded on Website of this High Court.