PHHC-e-Initiatives of the High Court
e-Initiatives of the High Court
1. SOFTWARE MODULES DEVELOPED BY PUNJAB AND HARYANA HIGH COURT –
(a) Online Mentioning Module – During lockdown due to COVID-19, the advocates can use option of mentioning from their home and case may be listed subsequently, if approved.
The mentioning cause list is generated and displayed on website. Option of uploading of case file by the advocates and downloading by Court staff is available. Court proceedings are held through Video Conferencing.
(b) Ordinary Filing Token Module – For filing of the ordinary cases, Punjab and Haryana High Court has created seven separate counters. However, in order to curtail the rush at the counters, it has been ordered that advocates or their clerks or the parties-in-person are required to generate a token number from this Court’s official website. A slip prescribing the time for filing of case and mentioning the counter number will be given after submission of the particulars online.
The advocates/parties-in-person/clerks of the advocates shall be required to file the case on the ‘counter number’ provided in the ‘token number receipt’. The advocates, their clerks or parties-in-person have been directed to adhere to the allotted time.
(c) Judge’s Diary Module – The facility of eDiary has been extended to all the Hon’ble Judges of Punjab and Haryana High Court, wherein after login, the pdf format files of case paperbooks can be downloaded which are –
• either currently filed in soft format by the advocates during this CORONA period
• or are filed by the advocates as hard copies and are available on the DMS server of Punjab and Haryana High Court.
• URL to access the module: https://phhc.gov.in/judges_diary/
• Further, court staff conducting VC has the facility to check VC Cause List. Through this module, a single click forwards SMS to the concerned counsel about participation in VC.
(d) Android Mobile Application – A Mobile Application was developed for the court staff conducting VC, wherein they have the facility to check VC Cause List. This application saves the contacts of concerned counsel on a single click and also forwards whatsapp messages regarding VC meeting ID and call to the concerned counsel about participation in Court hearing through VC.
(e) e-Statement Software – For enabling the High Court to access the monthly statements data of Subordinate Courts, e-Statement Software has been developed, launched and is operational in phased manner at 19 District and Sessions Divisions. Will result into saving paper, providing immediate access to data and reduce the burden of the Court Staff.
2. e-FILING IN SUBORDINATE COURTS OF PUNJAB, HARYANA AND UT CHANDIGARH
e-Filing accounts have been created in all the Subordinate Courts of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh and e-filing has been made live.
3. WEBINAR (Live Streaming) ON eFILING AND eCOURTS SERVICES FOR ADVOCATES
Under the aegis of eCommittee, Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Webinar (Live Streaming) for Advocates at District Level on “eFiling and eCourts Services” has been conducted successfully on 25th July 2020 by Nominated Master Trainers (Punjab, Haryana and U.T. Chandigarh) through Microsoft Teams Office 365 E1.
4. IN THE YEAR 2020 HARDWARE SUPPLIED FOR USE IN SUBORDINATE COURTS OF THE STATES OF PUNJAB, HARYANA AND UT CHANDIGARH UNDER eCOURTS PROJECT
Sr. No. Hardware supplied for use in Subordinate Courts of the States of Punjab, Haryana and UT Chandigarh Count
1. All-in-One Computers with UPS 1,524
2. CIS Servers 67
3. Duplex Laser Printers 633
4. Duplex Laser Printers for the use of Judicial Officers 58
• The bandwidth of lease line facility installed in this Hon’ble Court has been increased from 100 MBPS to 300 MBPS with a motive to improve and to ensure proper functioning of Video Conferencing facility and other essential services.
• This Court has also purchased 16 Wacom DTK2461 Machines and 16 All-in-one Computers with touch screen for the use of paperless Court Mechanism in this Court by integrating the same with DMS.
5. SURETY MODULE
Few modifications are being made in Surety module, which are as follows:
1. One person can stand surety in more than one case, subject to commensurating with his net worth in ‘different cases.
2. Surety search can also be made by both CNR No. and FIR.
The testing of the above said modifications in 2 Pilot sites i.e.. Ambala and Sirsa has been completed and the same will be implemented in all the Subrdinate Courts of Punjab, Haryana and U.T Chandigarh.