Best practices of the District Court
Virtual Court Traffic integration with eChallan Traffic at Allahabad District Court
An exclusive faceless Virtual Court at Allahabad District Court is being established under the guidance of eCommittee, Supreme court of India on 23rd Feb 2021 (as a pilot project) to deal with the E-Challan generated by the Traffic Police via E-Challan application. The digital challans captured for the given day will reflect in the dashboard of the Virtual Court Judge. The court as per section of the Motor Vehicles Act will issue special summons to the violator via her/his mobile phone. Once a violator receives intimation on her/his mobile phone, she/he would have the option to either contest the summons or pay by visiting the web portal “https://vcourts.gov.in”. She/he will pay the requisite fine through online mode on the day and the time of her/his choosing within the stipulated period. Upon payment of the fine, an acknowledgment will be generated showing the disposal of challan and the transaction number. The web portal also provides the functionality of searching the pending challans either by filling in the requisite details, viz., name, mobile number.
The autonomy given to the violator to pay a fine without having to visit a physical court will have multiple benefits not only for the individual but also for those who administer the law in terms of saving time, costs, and resources.
- This will benefit Litigants and they are not required to visit the Court for traffic-related violations.
- The revenue generated, will directly reflect in the treasury of State Government.
- This will also enhance the speedy disposal of Traffic-related Challans.
- The Virtual Court scheme will be implemented in other Districts by 31.03.2021.
- It is also proposed that such schemes will be implemented for other nature of petty offences.
ICJS – Interoperable Criminal Justice System
ICJS – The Interoperable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) has been inaugurated and made functional from 23rd Feb 2021 to facilitate speedy justice through data-exchange between the courts, police/prosecution, jails and the forensic labs. It aims to integrate the CCTNS project with the e-courts and with the other pillars of the criminal justice. All the District Courts of Uttar Pradesh are integrated with CCTNS software. Through ICJS we are able to consume the FIR and Chargesheet records at Court end.
- This will facilitate all the District Courts in getting the FIR, Chargesheet data in CIS(Case Information System) software.
- Further, online FIR and Chargesheet document will be also made available to all the District Courts.
- This will also facilitate the District Courts on accuracy of data in Case record that is consumed through FIR and Chargesheet on ICJS.
Integration of Civil Court Data with Land/ Property records(BHULEKH) in District Court of Uttar Pradesh
Land/ Property Records data has been one of the major reform areas wherein Land/ Property related records data needs to be integrated with all relevant agencies data including Civil Court Case data so that any land/ property buyer can find out records of ownership and encumbrances at one click. With the objective of accelerating the delivery of Justice on click a reform has been initiated and integration of Court records with BHULEKH records at Court end completed now. Court user can enter the disputed property details and able to link the case. Integration with Land Record and CIS introduced and functional from 23rd Feb 2021 under the guidance of eCommittee, Supreme Court of India.
This will benefit all the Stakeholders including Lawyers, Litigants, Government authorities, Property buyers/ General Public.
eServices for Judicial Officers
A web based eservices module was developed for ensuring efficient, effective, and user friendly web based integrated System/Services with the user tracking facility for the Serving Judicial Officers posted in the State.
Recently, an Android app for the above e-Services have been developed by Office of CPC. This is first such android app for the e-Services for the Judicial Officers in the Country.
Services covered in e-Services module for Judicial Officers.
- Leave Module: Leave module containing the facility of handling different types of Leave Applications (Casual Leave, Station Leave, Earned Leave, Child Care Leave, Medical Leave, Leave encashment etc) online, which is being processed at different level and necessary approval of Hon’ble Administrative Judge/Hon’ble Judge-in-Charge is made online.
- Annual Confidential Remarks: Online filing of Self Assessment pertaining to Annual Confidential Remarks is part of the above module. The Self Assessment format for a particular assessment period shall be filled up by the concerned Judicial Officer. The ACR shall be recorded online by the District Judges/Competent Authority and is required to be submitted online.
- Property Statement: Filing of Periodic Property Statement (Movable/immovable) shall be online by the Judicial Officers, which shall be forwarded through the above e-Services. Blank Application format for filing of periodic Property Statement is available online. The Property Statement of the concerned Judicial Officer is forwarded online by the District Judge through the above e Services module.
- Other Services: A number of Other e Services (43 Numbers) are also provided in the module. These Services are Miscellaneous requests, Applications pertaining to the Higher Education, Passport/VISA or other communication with High Court by way of online Submission. Such Services are required to be made online by the Judicial Officers and necessary documents (digitally signed/Self attested) has to be attached online.
- Monitoring Mechanism of the e services: Hon’ble Administrative Judge/Judge-in-charge shall be able to view/monitor the status of the pending application on clicking the Reports section shown on left bottom side pane.
Website of District Courts of Uttar Pradesh
Website of District Courts of Uttar Pradesh has been developed by the Office of CPC. It is first such website dedicated for the District Courts. The website shall be visible on the Secured network only at present.
The website contains the details of eCourt projects, various publications, Circulars, Statements required by the Hon’ble High Court from time to time, District Court data for Monitoring the status.
- CMS (Complaint Management System) – The Web-based complaint management system allows the user to lodging and monitor the complaints of Hardware, Network, WAN, Software, BSNL etc. Through CMS lodged complaint information send to the concerned department and officials so that complaint resolved fastly.
- EMS (Ecourt Management System) – EMS – Ecourt Management System web-based tool to get the day to day and monthly record from District Court of Uttar Pradesh as desired by the office of CPC – Monthly SMS record, Weekly Monitoring of 25 Parameters on data cleansing, Technical Manpower record, Quarterly data of 55 parameters for information technology, Hardware installation records, etc.
- DIMS (District Inventory Management System) – DIMS a Web-based inventory management system allows the user to entry of hardware details, categorization of hardware, hardware installation records, tracking of hardware etc.
District Court Establishment Portal
A comprehensive District Court Establishment Portal has been developed for the employees of the District Courts. The Complete details of Court staff including the sanctioned posts, vacancies, individual service records is available on the said portal.